Following is a small sample of the equipment which is immediately available for handling this kind of cargo:
- 10 x Tug-masters
- 3 x 5 ton Diesel Fork Lifts
- 2 x 3 ton Diesel Fork Lifts
- 1 x Quay Crane
- 3 x Mafis
VGT has an agreement with a reliable local subcontractor to ensure that heavy machinery operations can also be handled with the aim to provide unparalleled service to the customers.
Potential Berthing Space
- Lab Wharf/ Magazine -443.95 metres
- Corner to Magazine Lab Wharf – 35 metres
- South One Lab Wharf – 117 metres
- South Two Lab Wharf – 74 metres
- DWQ 1,2,3,4 – 488 metres
With the availability of three large sheds at DWQ, cargo could be stored inside, thus be protected from natural elements such as rain, sun, wind, sea-water spray etc. The sheds are under security surveillance thus ensuring that all types of cargo is stored safely.